2022 Annual Report
It was an exciting year for the Grand Junction Economic Partnership.
We onboarded new leadership, hosted the annual Western Colorado Economic Summit, and celebrated various wins with our community. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished through the support of our investors.
The 2022 Annual Report details GJEP’s economic impact this year and cumulative impact over the years. In this report, you will find data detailing the number of businesses GJEP has helped relocate or expand within the Grand Junction area, the number of jobs created, capital expenditures, and return on investment.
The Grand Junction Economic Partnership calculates economic impact by assessing each new job created by industry and using IMPLAN modeling software to generate direct, indirect, and induced labor income impact. The direct effect is the economic impact on Mesa County from the direct spending of employee compensation. An indirect effect is a multiplier reflecting the relationship between the dollars spent by the employer, which then becomes the income of another person to be spent. Induced effects result from increased personal income caused by direct and indirect effects. Businesses experiencing increased revenue will subsequently increase payroll expenditures by hiring more employees, increasing salaries, etc.
GJEP IN ACTION
2022 was a big year for us! Here are some of the highlights:
- Welcomed new Executive Director, Curtis Englehart
- Hosted the 2022 Western Colorado Economic Summit
- Celebrated the relocations and expansions of EquipmentShare, MotoMinded, Kooler Garage Doors, Boeson Research, and Spares in Motion
- Supported the expansions of West Star Aviation and CoorsTek
- GJEP was awarded an Opportunity Zone Video Grant through OEDIT
- Welcomed new Marketing & Communications Director, Selena Sanchez
- Business Development Manager, Matt Bell, celebrated one year with GJEP
- Welcomed new Office Manager, Karen Mahoney
- Sponsored WSSW with active staff participation in the event
- Hosted the Colorado Office of Outdoor Recreation’s visit to Grand Junction
- Sponsored The Wright’s On The Road event in Grand Junction
- Published twelve Economic Focus columns in The Daily Sentinel
- Hosted ten episodes of Business Beat on KAFM Community Radio
GJEP In The News
Site Selection Names Grand Junction in Top 5 Colorado Cities to Watch
International publication, Site Selection Magazine, has released its 2023 Colorado Business Comes to Life edition detailing the economic landscape of the state. Among the featured articles, the publication takes a close look at the metro areas driving the Western U.S....
GJEP enters new year with momentum from late-year surge in 2022
February 1, 2023 - Daily Sentinel Grand Junction According to the year-end report released by GJEP this week, for every $1 invested in GJEP in 2022, $20 in economic impact was generated. GJEP successfully recruited four primary job providers to Mesa County last year:...
Spares in Motion Approved for Rural Jump Start Incentive Program
Spares in Motion, a Netherlands-based company, has selected Grand Junction, Colorado, as its first North American location and celebrates approval for the Rural Jump Start Program.
MotoMinded LLC Relocates to Mesa County
MotoMinded LLC, a small but efficient company with a passion for imaging, designing, and producing quality products for motorcycles, has announced its relocation from Colorado Springs to Mesa County.
EquipmentShare Opens New Location in Grand Junction, CO
On August 11, 2022, Monitor Daily published an article about EquipmentShare's new location in Grand Junction. EquipmentShare, construction equipment and technology solutions company, opened a new location in Grand Junction on August 6. The brand will serve local...
Incoming GJEP Director Ready To Hit The Ground Running In Recruiting Efforts
On August 1, 2022, The Daily Sentinel announced the onboarding of the new GJEP Executive Director, Curtis Englehart. Curtis Englehart has been with the Mesa County Workforce Center since 2015, serving as its director. On Wednesday, he’ll step into the economic...