Community Relations Manager
The Grand Junction Economic Partnership (GJEP) is a private, non-profit organization located in Mesa County, Colorado. It was created in 1984 for the purpose of attracting, expanding and retaining primary business in the area. Its mission is to enhance the economic vitality of the region, creating a strong and diverse economy and an improved quality of life. GJEP is the primary economic development entity for Mesa County – which includes the municipalities of Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade – an MSA in excess of 150,000 people.
The Community Relations Manager supports GJEP’s mission of growing a healthy and diverse economy by managing donor development and fundraising activities, coordinating GJEP sponsored events, and overseeing internal office systems including day-to-day operations of the office, providing staff support to the Executive Director and ensuring that internal operations run efficiently and smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and oversee strategic fundraising plan on annual basis.
- Prepare and process GJEP pledges, invoice investors monthly, send thank you responses and process Enterprise Zone contributions.
- Cultivate relationships with current and potential donors.
- Schedule fundraising meetings to accompany the Executive Director with current and potential investors.
- Manage the donor development budget.
- Oversee the GJEP’s Employee Relocation Program the Welcome Wagon. Plan events and work with team to develop regular programming for participants.
- Plan annual Economic Summit and manage logistics including – reservation of locations, preparation of materials, invoicing of sponsors, registration of attendees and day of coordination.
- Plan Annual Thank You Event for all supporter and donors.
- Coordinate all other meeting logistics to include board meetings, investor events and lunch-and-learn events.
- Manage the events budget.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with prospects, board members, partners, investors and leadership of all levels.
- Answer phones and email, respond to general inquiries regarding GJEP, current events and projects.
- Process mail, light bookkeeping, prepare and manage invoices and bank deposits.
- Assist bookkeeper with monthly bookkeeping and annual audit.
- Manage office equipment, hardware/software and various IT issues, including network administration.
- Manage weekly staff meeting agendas.
- Manage GJEP online files and investor database.
- Develop a working relationship with vendors/suppliers and keep office stocked with supplies.
- Provide administrative support to GJEP staff, board and appointed committees to include meeting preparation, agendas, minutes, scheduling and notification.
- Assist with management of Executive Director’s scheduling and calendar.
- Assist with management of Executive Director’s voicemail and messages.
- Conduct Cost of Living Index (COLI) collection and input (quarterly).
A qualified candidate that is currently serving in a comparable position with a high level of independence and responsibility. They are highly organized and is an excellent communicator. Attention to detail is critically important. Candidates must be able to use all Microsoft office programs. Because our mission is recruitment, the candidate must love living in western Colorado! That is non-negotiable.
Although not required, the ideal candidate is a good writer and has experience in grant writing. Experience using Salesforce or a comparable CRM would also be ideal but is not necessary.
Must be a passionate advocate for Colorado’s Grand Valley and the mission of GJEP. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must possess a high level of energy and drive, a “make things happen” personality, and be achievement-oriented. Must possess a personal value system that matches the values and the culture of GJEP, including high integrity, a commitment to quality, a sense of mission and a solid work ethic.
This post will remain open until filled. To ensure consideration, submit your resume and cover letter by end of day Tuesday, November 30, 2021, to Steve Jozefczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,000.00-$43,000.00 per year
Paid time off