Director of Marketing and Communications
The Grand Junction Economic Partnership (GJEP) is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to create, implement and manage the marketing strategy, marketing budget, annual marketing plans and campaigns for the Grand Junction Economic Partnership, aligned with the mission, vision and strategic goals for the organization.
GJEP is a private, non-profit organization located in Mesa County, Colorado. It was created in 1982 for the purpose of attracting, expanding and retaining primary business in the area. Its stated mission is to enhance the economic vitality, create a strong and diverse economy and an improved quality of life. GJEP is the primary economic development entity for Mesa County, which includes the municipalities of Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade, an MSA in excess of 150,000.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and direct overall marketing and promotional plans, strategy recommendations, brand alignment and marketing & communications strategies
- Develop a recommended marketing budget and maintain established budget throughout the FY, making adjustments as requested by executive
- Develop a content calendar to regularly communicate GJEP news, successes and opportunities across traditional media, social media and website. This includes business news, GJEP events, external events, business intelligence, public policy updates and other programs
- Develop and manage media plan, including media buys, schedule, advertising development and delivery
- Author and/or review, edit and approve external communications
- Drive the creation of all collateral materials, video, ads, reports and web content
- Ensure consistent messaging across all marketing & communications efforts
- Collaborate with staff to execute the marketing and communications for the Western Colorado Economic Summit (including invitations, programs, presentations, advertisements, emails and press releases)
- Provide support for GJEP sponsorship opportunities and community outreach programs, including logistics, communications and materials required for various events, including but not limited to: the Western Colorado Economic Summit (WCES), West Slope Startup Week, GJ Career Passport program and the GJEP Welcome Wagon
- Maintain an active social media and web presence to engage investors, prospects, media and community at large
- Update and revise content across all digital platforms, including back-end SEO.
- Build and grow relationships with local business and community influencers to secure story ideas and promote awareness of the business community
- Build and manage relationships with external service providers including but not limited to photographers, videographers, web designers and sales reps for media.
- Develop a monthly community newsletter to provide relevant and timely information that promotes awareness and engagement from the local community
- Work with Deputy Director to develop comprehensive outreach to leads and prospects, including email campaigns, audience targeting, advertising, media relations and tradeshow participation, as applicable
- Collaborate with Community Relations Manager on communications to investors and board, as well as ensure investors receive benefits as stated (investor spotlights, website recognition, etc.)
- Monitor metrics across all marketing and communications efforts, and create quarterly reports for staff, board and key investors
- Manage media relations including researching and maintaining a comprehensive media database, communicating with press via press releases and pitches, and coordinating interview opportunities
- Act as spokesperson for GJEP in place of Executive Director and Deputy Director as needed
- Assist with the marketing strategies, public relations and collateral development for GJEP clients and economic development partners as needed and time permits
- Find opportunities and assist with nominations of GJEP and local businesses for awards and recognitions that help garner recognition for Mesa County and its municipalities
A qualified candidate is currently serving in a comparable position, although consideration will also be afforded to candidates with experience in all areas of marketing, communications, public relations and related fields. A four-year degree is required.
Although not required, the ideal candidate has experience in economic development and/or place marketing.
Must be a passionate advocate for Colorado’s Grand Valley and the mission of GJEP. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must possess the ability to develop effective and meaningful relationships with prospects, stakeholders and community partners. Must possess a high level of energy and drive, a “make things happen” personality, and be achievement-oriented. Must possess a personal value system that matches the values and the culture of GJEP, including high integrity, a commitment to quality, a sense of mission and a solid work ethic.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by end of day Friday, April 29, 2022 to Steve Jozefczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hrs/week)
Pay: $63,000.00-$68,000.00 per year DOE
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Sick leave
- Retirement plan