GJEP Executive Director
Grand Junction Economic Development Partnership serves to enhance the economic growth in one of the most attractive areas of Colorado. GJEP is headquartered in Grand Junction, Colorado and provides ready access to world class mountain biking, hiking on the Colorado Monument, skiing, and many other outdoor activities. Additionally, Grand Junction is home to Colorado Mesa University that offers outstanding education, cultural events, and continuously expands programs. GJEP is the primary economic development entity for Mesa County, which includes the municipalities of Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade, an MSA in excess of 150,000.
We are looking for an experienced professional to provide leadership and vision in furthering the economic development strategies and initiatives for Mesa County, Colorado.
- Assume full management responsibility for all Economic Development Department services and activities including community vitality and efforts to expand the local economy; plan, organize, direct and coordinate Mesa County’s economic development activities.
- Develop and implement organization’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate development and manage implementation of economic development goals, objectives, policies, and priorities established by the GJEP Board.
- Pursue potential companies (clients) interested in relocating to Mesa County, Colorado and existing companies interested in expansion within the County.
- Serve as a resource on economic development-related matters for other organizations, municipalities, and the public. Educate and communicate on issues critical to economic development.
- Represent the organization in a leadership role, including attending, participating, and making presentations at relevant professional and community meetings.
- Ensure the operation of the organization and implementation of its programs meet budget guidelines.
- Develop and manage the organization’s annual budgets and long-term forecasts.
- Develop fundraising planning to be approved by Board.
- Provide support to the GJEP Board.
- Develop complex business recruitment proposals.
- Provide a high level of customer service and helps business prospects.
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses and Certifications:
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and have business development experience in the economic development context or senior level leadership in government, business, non-profit or other related environments.
- Previous experience managing and supervising personnel is essential.
- Engage board members and community leaders to advance the goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Development, Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in economic development or closely related field required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Land Planning, Public Administration, or closely related field preferred.
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as needed.
Please apply on Indeed.com by September 10, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan