October 18, 2016 – At the start of October, Google launched the Google Local Guide challenge to cities across the world. The city that posts the most “Local Guide” reviews by October 28 will win a special event in their hometown. We are only 10 days out! Join the challenge and help place Colorado’s Grand Valley on the map. The next time you pick up a coffee, take in a local concert, hit up the golf course, do a hike or go shopping, make sure you post a review to Google. It’s that simple.
MySalesButler.com explains why you should participate:
- “More reviews on Google means better SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which not only means places like Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade are more likely to show up in search – but your business will too!”
- “If Google comes to town, it doesn’t just mean a special celebration for us, but it’s a chance to show the tech giant how amazing our valley is.”
- “Google isn’t just rewarding the top-reviewed place – the top guides will get some very special, top-secret prizes as well. “
For local businesses looking to make the most out of the challenge, remember to engage your customers and clients:
- Send an email to let them know that the challenge is taking place and that you’d appreciate their reviews.
- Encourage them to share their reviews on social media with #LocalGuides – and to share what others have posted.
- Run a competition, where everyone who posts a review before October 28 is entered to win something from your business. It can be small – a gift certificate for a free coffee for example – but it will be appreciated.
Wouldn’t it be neat if Google came to town? So get to reviewing and we’ll see you on the map!