October 18, 2016 – At the start of October, Google launched the Google Local Guide challenge to cities across the world. The city that posts the most “Local Guide” reviews by October 28 will win a special event in their hometown. We are only 10 days out! Join the challenge and help place Colorado’s Grand Valley on the map. The next time you pick up a coffee, take in a local concert, hit up the golf course, do a hike or go shopping, make sure you post a review to Google. It’s that simple.
MySalesButler.com explains why you should participate:
- “More reviews on Google means better SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which not only means places like Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade are more likely to show up in search – but your business will too!”
- “If Google comes to town, it doesn’t just mean a special celebration for us, but it’s a chance to show the tech giant how amazing our valley is.”
- “Google isn’t just rewarding the top-reviewed place – the top guides will get some very special, top-secret prizes as well. “
Here’s the full blog post with more details on the Google Local Guides’ challenge and how to participate.
For local businesses looking to make the most out of the challenge, remember to engage your customers and clients:
- Send an email to let them know that the challenge is taking place and that you’d appreciate their reviews.
- Encourage them to share their reviews on social media with #LocalGuides – and to share what others have posted.
- Run a competition, where everyone who posts a review before October 28 is entered to win something from your business. It can be small – a gift certificate for a free coffee for example – but it will be appreciated.
Wouldn’t it be neat if Google came to town? So get to reviewing and we’ll see you on the map!