In 2016 (year-to-date), GJEP…
- launched Jump-Start Mesa County and ushered 7 local companies into the program, allowing them to operate tax free for the next 4-8 years.
- hosted the first-ever Western Colorado Economic Summit, gathering over 400 people to discuss the economic future of Colorado’s Grand Valley.
- attended over a dozen tradeshows and events, touching base with nearly 700 businesses about the benefits of expanding or relocating to the western slope.
- signed an MOU with The Business Incubator Center and Grand Junction Chamber to provide 360 degrees of business development support –it was the cornerstone of an award-winning IEDC Economic Development Week campaign
- debuted Grand Day CO, an ambitious one-day video project showcasing the area’s unmatched outdoor amenities with the help of 50-plus local businesses and residents
- Worked with over 100 business prospects and local companies that together could bring over 1,200 net new jobs to the Grand Valley.
None of this would have been possible without the support of our investors. THANK YOU!
Here are 3 more things you might not know about investing in GJEP:
- GJEP supports new and existing businesses in the Grand Valley. We’re your first point of contact when you want to apply for financial incentives like the Jump-Start business tax holiday, and we partner with just about every public and private business development organization in Mesa County to help local businesses grow and succeed. Learn more about local business support here.
- GJEP opens its doors – literally and virtually – to our investors. You’re welcome to hold meetings in our conference room, centrally located off Main Street in downtown Grand Junction. We encourage you to share your news updates with us, which we will share across our social media networks. And as an investor, you receive exclusive invitations to events and first dibs on business opportunities.
- Your investment is a tax write-off! All GJEP investors automatically receive an Enterprise Zone tax credit. On top of that, we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, so businesses can write off their donations at tax time.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic group of investors – 100 and counting! – contact Terri Jones at 970.245.4332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.