POSITION: Office Manager (Part Time)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Office Manager supports GJEP’s mission of growing a healthy and diverse economy by coordinating the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of GJEP. This position will also assist with all GJEP events and initiatives. The Office Manager will provide staff support to the Executive Director as well as to the GJEP team as needed. This position is part-time at 30 hours/week. Remote work will be minimal in this position, as this position will be expected to be in the office.
GRAND JUNCTION ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (GJEP)The Grand Junction Economic Partnership (GJEP) is a private, non-profit organization located in Mesa County, Colorado. It was created in 1984 for the purpose of attracting, expanding and retaining primary business in the area. Its mission is to enhance the economic vitality of the region, creating a strong and diverse economy and an improved quality of life. GJEP is the primary economic development entity for Mesa County – which includes the municipalities of Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade – an MSA in excess of 150,000 people.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process mail, light bookkeeping, prepare and manage invoices and bank deposits.
- Assist bookkeeper with monthly bookkeeping and annual audit.
- Manage office equipment, hardware/software and various IT issues, including network administration.
- Process monthly credit card reports for the GJEP team
- Manage weekly staff meeting agendas.
- Manage GJEP online files and investor database.
- Develop a working relationship with vendors/suppliers and keep office stocked with supplies.
- Provide administrative support to GJEP staff, board, and appointed committees to include meeting preparation, agendas, meeting minutes, scheduling and notification.
- Assist with management of Executive Director’s scheduling and calendar.
- Conduct Cost of Living Index (COLI) collection and input (quarterly).
- Prepare and process GJEP pledges, invoice investors monthly, send thank you responses and process Enterprise Zone certifications.
- Schedule fundraising meetings to accompany the Executive Director with current and prospective investors.
- Assist with all GJEP initiatives and events, work with the team to develop regular programming for participants.
- Provide support with the coordination of the annual Economic Summit and manage logistics including – reservation of locations, preparation of materials, invoicing of sponsors, registration of attendees and day of execution.
- Coordinate all other meeting logistics as needed
- Must be able to communicate effectively with prospects, board members, partners, investors, co-workers, and leadership of all levels.
- Answer phones and email in a professional manner, respond to general inquiries regarding GJEP, current events and projects.
A qualified candidate that is currently serving in a comparable position with a high level of independence and responsibility. They are highly organized and is an excellent communicator. Attention to detail is critically important. Candidates must be able to use all Microsoft office programs. Because our mission is recruitment, the candidate must love living in western Colorado! That is non-negotiable.
A High School Diploma or GED is required.
Although not required, the ideal candidate is a good writer and has experience in grant writing. Experience using Salesforce or a comparable CRM is highly preferred.
Must be a passionate advocate for Colorado’s Grand Valley and the mission of GJEP. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must possess a high level of energy and drive, a “make things happen” personality, and be achievement oriented. Must possess a personal value system that matches the values and the culture of GJEP, including high integrity, a commitment to quality, a sense of mission and a solid work ethic.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by end of day Friday September 16th, 2022, to Curtis Englehart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part-time (30 hrs./week)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Sick leave
Check out WorkRemoteCO for available remote positions now!